New Design feedback

crunchyg

Administrator
Staff member
Please post all comments and feedback about the new design here.

X_X

Selaput
Overall, the design looks ok. But it might be good to have a tiny New Mail notification icon on the Home Page. At this moment we need to go back to User Control Panel to check for any new mail.

That's all by now. Thanks.

rombongan.kancil

Selapalapa
From
di tengah keluarga
i agree with the tiny notif. icon.. maybe you could put this icon beside the username link at the top of the page rather than at the side bar..

crunchyg

Administrator
Staff member
Do you know you can change your pop-up settings to allow Selapa! to show you notifications? That way you'll get a pop-up window every time there is a new PM.

X_X

Selaput
ok, I'll give it a try and see what happen :)

kloning

Selapalapa
From
dimana nih?! ngorbit gak jelas... :D
AFAIK eventhough we set it to ON (both Notify me on new private messages and Pop up window on new private message already set to "Yes"), the PM notification will not appear on Home/Subforum pages. It only appears in 2 conditions: at User Control Panel page and during we log into Selapa - but appears only a second since we will immediately redirected to Selapa Home/Main page.

If I'm not mistaken it worked on original Selapa version (the first one) but seems don't work on the new Selapa version (I called 'Surprise version' :) ). When a new PM arrived the notification was popped up as a big red box no matter on what page we were. CMIIW.

Please refer to sample screenshots below:

User Control Panel page
2eahtll.jpg

Log-in page
kbvxqf.jpg

hateisworthless

Selaput
From
502 Bad Gateway
i can't see forum navigation here... :D

except under pagination (footer). could you move or add it at top forum. and i think this is great idea because you place an advertisement at top mainbody.

ps. sorry for my bad eng :)

crunchyg

Administrator
Staff member
rombongan.kancil":2rl6jotx said:
first of all, congratulations for great works by selapa.com team to make the forum has a new n fresh looking website..... :happy0034:

second, i want to ask few things... :p
with the new design, i realize sometimes the 'edit' and 'quote' buttons don't showed up..

pic1 : no 'edit' n 'quote' buttons
no_quote_button_1.png

pic2 : with 'edit' n 'quote' buttons
no_quote_button_2.png

the 'edit' n 'quote' buttons will disappear only when we choose to use 'Bahasa Indonesia' in 'User Control Panel -> Board Preference'. This happens in Google Chrome n Mozilla Firefox. I don't know about the others..
is this a bug??

This is now fixed. Thank you for reporting it.

another question, is there a chance for You to provide a 'border' between topics in the 'Topics' list... because, i think it's a little bit confusing when we see the list without border like in this pic. :D

pic3 : 'Topics' list without border..
topics_no_border.png

A border would change the design of the site too much. You'll get used to this style, hopefully.

i'm hoping a 'spoiler' feature... :D
because sometimes, i'm just too lazy to roll-over to the bottom of the page.. :lol:
beside, in my personal opinion, a 'spoiler' can be a bandwidth-saver if we want to... ;)
Are you talking about the spoiler BBCode or something else?

last, it's just another my personal opinion, i think, the "User Menu" on the side-bar is not necessary. You can add this menu into the username link above via a drop-down menu... i'm sorry if it's doesnt fit to You.... :D

The sidebar will continue to evolve. This is just the beginning.

oh yeah, btw, sometimes, i feel the website takes too long to refresh.. this could happen when i click a link or submit a post....
i dont know about the others, i hope this only happens to me.... :D
[/quote][/quote]

We are constantly tweaking our servers, and sometimes you may catch the site at a busy time. It will keep improving.

crunchyg

Administrator
Staff member
kloning":2sp5huhr said:
AFAIK eventhough we set it to ON (both Notify me on new private messages and Pop up window on new private message already set to "Yes"), the PM notification will not appear on Home/Subforum pages. It only appears in 2 conditions: at User Control Panel page and during we log into Selapa - but appears only a second since we will immediately redirected to Selapa Home/Main page.

If I'm not mistaken it worked on original Selapa version (the first one) but seems don't work on the new Selapa version (I called 'Surprise version' :) ). When a new PM arrived the notification was popped up as a big red box no matter on what page we were. CMIIW.

We have tested this, and it should be working. Is anyone else not getting the pop-up?

hateisworthless":2sp5huhr said:

except under pagination (footer). could you move or add it at top forum.

Several people have requested this, so we are going to add it.

X_X":2sp5huhr said:
Overall, the design looks ok. But it might be good to have a tiny New Mail notification icon on the Home Page. At this moment we need to go back to User Control Panel to check for any new mail.

We will consider this as well.

Thank you everyone for your feedback. Keep it coming!

Selaput
From
di sini senang di sana senang di mana mana gua sel
not about new design, but I have weird activity when login

after filling username and password , this is happen

nukaskus68.jpg

what happen?

note: I'm never failed filling password (because of remember password feature in my browser)

adiktif

Selaput
From
Surabaya
i also got same problem here :) after i enter my username and password and click the login button for the first time, the message says max login attempts.

rombongan.kancil

Selapalapa
From
di tengah keluarga
crunchyg":2r3rbpl3 said:
Are you talking about the spoiler BBCode or something else?
yes, the spoiler BBCode..
crunchyg":2r3rbpl3 said:
We are constantly tweaking our servers, and sometimes you may catch the site at a busy time. It will keep improving.
okay, thanks for the info..

...":2r3rbpl3 said:
not about new design, but I have weird activity when login
after filling username and password , this is happen
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p56 ... skus68.jpg
what happen?
note: I'm never failed filling password (because of remember password feature in my browser)
adiktif":2r3rbpl3 said:
i also got same problem here :) after i enter my username and password and click the login button for the first time, the message says max login attempts.
yes, i'm having the same problem too..

kloning

Selapalapa
From
dimana nih?! ngorbit gak jelas... :D
Seems to be the same experiences for everyone here. It looks like kind of spam/auto-submission protection but the message is confusing "You have reached the maximum attempts to get through. In addition to the user name and password, you must also complete the CAPTCHA below."

A CAPTCHA experimentation? If it is meant to be a spam/auto-submission protection then its placement should be in the different place. just like the one that we found on kask*s. ;)

hateisworthless

Selaput
From
502 Bad Gateway
how about this broken link?

Copyright © 2012 Selapa™ • Privacy policy

crunchyg

Administrator
Staff member
hateisworthless":1say0sj9 said:
how about this broken link?

Copyright © 2012 Selapa™ • Privacy policy

Fixed, thank you.

ö²™

Selapalapa
From
Under Construction
Web
el-syifa-comp.blogspot.com
just my opinion... :)

I think, in the new design of selapa.com, there's too much links that seem redundant. for an example in home page of Selapa i found there's links that linked to the same page, even it with different position.
- 3 "View unanswered posts" link
* 1 in Side bar, 1 in new ticked box, n the last in the black bottom box.
- 3 "View new posts" link
* 1 in Side bar, 1 in new ticked box, n the last in the black bottom box.
- 2 "Log out" link.
- 2 "Mark forums read" link
and many more.

i hope the selapa team should make it more simple, so the users can more feel enjoy staying with us.. :)

crunchyg

Administrator
Staff member
hateisworthless said:

except under pagination (footer). could you move or add it at top forum. and i think this is great idea because you place an advertisement at top mainbody.

This has been added.

kTTP8.png

New Threads